Friday, March 30, 2012

Snug as a bug in a crumpled up paper towel

Do you see it?

I tried to blur out the edges around it to make it more easily visible.


That ginormous black spot on the upper left side of the pic? Look close.

Yup. That's a bug.

Oh sure, he LOOKS tiny and harmless.

But you can't make out all the tentacles and gross little beady eyes in this pic.

And why the hell is he hanging out on the ceiling above MY side of the bed? He's up to no good.

Thankfully Dono (husband/exterminator) is home sick today. He's takin' care of business. 

I cannot kill bugs. It's not like I'm a nature-lover or one with all beings or whatever. Bugs just gross me out. So where I fail in controlling the bug population, Dono picks up the slack.

When he's not home, however, and I'm faced with a mocking multipede, and the vacuum cleaner's not within the general vicinity of the culprit, and when there's no Windex (or other toxic chemical in a spray bottle) in sight, I come up with other ways to ensure my personal space is bug-free.

Outta sight, outta mind.


And Dono loves feeling like a knight when he comes home to slay the beast. It's a win-win.


SoundTracking: Shakin' All Over (The Guess Who)

No comments:

Post a Comment