Thursday, March 29, 2012

Grass, Rain and Candy Canes



Not a Strawberry Alarm Clock reunion tour anthem.

It's what I see out the side kitchen window.

And it's a blatant, sad discovery I stumbled upon as I gazed outside while unloading the dishwasher: I am a hypocrite.

Normally this wouldn't bother me so much, but this particular revelation of hypocrisy, in this particular way, left me stunned.

MY delightful candy cane lights that brighten up the front pathway at Christmastime are out, on my fence, in MARCH. What are they even DOING there? Were they on their way to storage and whoever was putting them away got tired from hauling the 0.4lb-total load, stopped to hang them on the fence to take a breather, and then got distracted by a butterfly or something?

This may not be a big deal to anyone else, but it's pretty huge for me.

ME, the one who bitches out loud to no one in particular about the pumpkin garbage bags I see on people's yards as I drive by, or the cupid window decals on neighbour's houses. "Take down your GD decorations, what the hell's the matter with you!"

ME, who told Donovan, "Those people must be dead or trapped in their basement under a bookcase, what other reason do they have for not taking down that wreath on their front door?", who was half-consdering registering www.howhardcanitbetotakedownyourdecorations.com - I have this scene staring back at me as I look out the window!

I'm gonna go do something about it! 

After I finish baking cookies.....

.....and after it stops raining.....but by then it could be dark already.....and Donovan has to make space in the garage....but then I have to move my SUV for that, and it's kinda cold....HEY, lookit that pretty butterfly fluttering around out there....



SoundTracking: Light My Fire (The Doors)

No comments:

Post a Comment