Friday, March 16, 2012

Chocolate Cake & New Beginnings

My first order of business in creating this new blog of mine (yes, I said "new" because I've had multiple affairs with personal blogs in the past - but I was too young and immature to fully appreciate the relationship I had with them), if you listen to intuition like Oprah tells us to, was to look up neurotic.


Just to make sure that the word my inner being was screaming at me as I was deciding what this blog would look like was in fact the appropriate term to use.

(As an aside, I hope my intuition reminds me to check on the cake I'm baking in the oven upstairs. I'd hate to burn the place down and not have cake to console myself with.)

Ok, so:

neurotic  (njʊˈrɒtɪk) 

— adj
1.of, relating to, or afflicted by neurosis
— n
2.a person who is afflicted with a neurosis or who tends to be emotionally 
unstable or unusually anxious

Yep, that's me.

Only when it comes to making decisions, anyway. Why on earth do they give you so many font options for each and every part of your blog? The way your header looks - I'm talking based on sheer first impressions - can make or break your blog. What does that even mean anyways? What kinda tone do you wanna convey? I mean, I really like the looks of Cherry Cream Soda, but how professional does that really look? And is this SUPPOSED to look professional? Mountains of Christmas is a fun font, but I don't wanna discriminate against my atheist or Jewish friends, or offend anyone during the off-season. As much as I am eager to find a place to use Kranky and Homemade Apple Pie, perhaps those are better suited for the blogs I'll end up cheating with behind THIS blog's back.

Instead I ended up settling on the rather boring-sounding Oswald font for my header.

Neurotic.

Well, so here it is, my first foray back into the blogging realm in years (to maintain my love of writing, and to shut my blogging "Oh man, you need to blog again!" husband up.)

Yessir, feels good to be back.



SoundTracking: Cocaine Blues (the Joaquin Phoenix version)

No comments:

Post a Comment