Saturday, March 24, 2012

Keyboard Cat



Hi, my name is Cat, and I can play the keyboard.

I may be decades removed from my award-winning performance of Anne Murray's Snowbird at my very first Tauber's Kawai Music Festival (I rocked the organ, and created arrangements like a pro), but despite the exorbitant hiatus, my love for the keys has never waned.

That's why we picked me up a brand new 88-key digital piano a couple of months ago. (Yay!)

Weighted scaled hammer action tri-sensor keys for that true acoustic feel. WHAT IS A TRI-SENSOR KEY?


Music lessons never prepared me for the big wide world of the keys beyond the bass pedals and the upper and lower keyboard. Weighted keys? Sustain pedals? What gives! So now, not having been trained on the piano, this is gonna be a bit of a challenge, but I've got time, determination, passion, and a book of Beatles' music to conquer.

My goal is to be ready to rock the 2013 Tauber's festival with my piano rendition of Snowbird.

Watch out, 7-8 year olds, I'm gonna kick some piano-lovin' ass. That golden treble clef trophy's mine.





My parents have the old organ at their house, and it's always fun to tinker around now and then - teaching my little Roo how to "play" "music" - Christmas, 2010






SoundTracking: For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield)

No comments:

Post a Comment