Monday, March 19, 2012

Draw...Something?!

My lovely friend Scott introduced me yesterday to what can very easily become my "it's ok, my 4yr old can make supper for the family, Mommy's busy tending to her latest addiction" addiction.

Draw Something.

Have you heard of this app? It's ridiculously addictive.

Well, for me, anyway.

So when Scott decided at some point during the night that he'd rather sleep than continue our game, I decided to check out the "find random user" option. 

It's here where I struck up a game with a random player, who shall remain usernameless.

I drew first. My word was hangman. Proud of myself for conveying the simple concept of the world's oldest, most popular game (there is, in fact, evidence that the ancient Egyptians spent many a rousing hour playing this game), I was surprised when my opponent took their sweet time getting back to me.

In case you don't know, Draw Something GIVES you letters to choose from. AND the correct number of spaces in the word you're guessing. My opponent decided to give it ONE SHOT by filling up the blank squares with nothing but consonants and then giving up. GIVING UP. On guessing HANGMAN?

Ok fine. Maybe the drawing of the stick man hanging from the noose with dashes underneath to represent missing letters was too vague. I waited for my opponent to draw and have ME guess.

This is what my opponent came back at me with:


WHAT. THE. ....?

Spent more than half an hr trying to crack the code.

And then I gave up (of course, the answer is then revealed). I still don't see it! And that's my experience with random players. Reaffirming one of my mother's warnings growing up, "Don't talk to strangers."

Any guesses on what this could be?

(Also, if you play, ADD ME!!! My username is catfysh! Feed my addiction!)



SoundTracking: Talkin' Bout You (The Animals)

2 comments: