Monday, April 2, 2012

Goodbye Kitty...

My 4yr old has ZERO sense of humour.

In the middle of a gigglefest with little Roo, while I was rockin' supper on the stove, she asked what I was making. 

"Hello Kitty stew," I said, straight-faced, adding that I was missing one main ingredient. I gave her a few seconds to deduce what I was talking about before she broke into a fit of laughter and condescension. "Hello Kitty isn't an ingredient, Mommy!"

She said it with such a tone of disdain in her voice that I decided to stick it to her as I got up from the couch and proceeded into her bedroom. She followed, naturally, but her belly-laughing slowed her down from catching up as I plucked Hello Kitty from Roo's bed and brought the pink plush into the kitchen.

I had a few moments to hide Kitty in the cupboard while I rattled the lid on the pot on the stove. By the time Roo made her way into the kitchen, Hello Kitty was nowhere to be seen, and the covered pot on the stove was bubbling violently under its lid.

A few nervous giggles ensued, and then I pulled chicken fingers out of the oven.

"I don't want (inaudible mumbling) Hello Kitty!" she exclaimed suddenly, through gigantor insta-tears. OY! I jumped up to grab the stuffed feline down from inside the cupboard, and showed her I was just teasing - Roo curled up in my lap and just sobbed.

It was very reminiscent of the time, nearly 4 yrs ago (check out the pic), when we took her to the zoo - her FIRST zoo experience - and a peacock cawed (or whatever sound it is arrogant asshole peacocks make to scare infants) at her.

Only this time, tonight, I was responsible for her making that cute-but-not-cute scrunched up face full of tears.

(It really kinda was quite cute...)

I felt like such a jerk mom. I promised to buy her a pony.

I think we're friends again.  ;)





Goodbye Kitty!


SoundTracking: Just What I Needed (The Cars)

2 comments:

  1. Next: make a Barney dinosaur cookie then watch him melt in the oven! Mwa-ha-haaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd opt for the real deal over the cookie if I thought he could fit in my oven ;) But I dig the way you think! haha

    ReplyDelete